Security Awareness & First Aid (HEAT)Enquire
In an age when violent attacks against aid workers are commonplace, it is important that organisations take proactive steps to ensure that their deployable staff are adequately trained and prepared to work in high risk and hazardous environments.
Offering a giant leap forward in Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT); SAFA provides our clients with an immersive, cost effective, risk appropriate and in-depth training to prepare for the realities of travelling to or living in hazardous or ‘deep field’ locations.
Our SAFA training is three days long. We also offer a 4-day version which has been designed for Rights Defenders, Investigators, Campaigners and Researchers.
Utilizing wide ranging simulations to support fascinating class based theory lessons, this course immerses the student in 3 days of intense learning. The course interweaves modules on physical security and remote first aid, with the human factors that influence personal safety, aggression and interpersonal violence. Those attending the HRD version will also benefit from modules such as digital security and source management.
At the end of this training, delegates will be able to:
• Conduct a context analysis and a personal travel risk assessment
• Explain their personal responses to risk
• Describe measures that reduce personal and team vulnerability to a range of aggressive, ballistic, blast, criminal, psychological and vehicular threats
• Describe actions to take in the event of an incident occurring to reduce its impact
• List key protective equipment that can be used to increase personal safety
• Demonstrate how to communicate effectively during a critical incident
• Describe measures, resources and tools to utilize to protect data (HRD only)
This programme is suitable for anyone travelling to medium or high-risk locations, or, into very remote areas.
The programme runs regularly in the UK, Kenya, Senegal and in the USA.